Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Girl of Her Dreams: Prologue


Prologue


 
We all have our differences. And it’s important to respect them.  But, what if, you were so different, that you had to hide your whole life? No, not literally, just more like keeping your heart hidden, bounding it under lock and key.

What if, you never had the chance to shine?  That, you just stayed hidden in that small corner, watching as the world passed by. Well, that happened to me. But there was one difference:

I was pushed out of my little, humble corner.

So, who can expect that I wouldn’t learn? That I wouldn’t learn about the world? How to survive? I had to gain experience before my time.

I cried at night, sometimes, regretting that I had to born as the oldest daughter. As the middle child. And, sometimes, regretting that I was born. I mean, what’s the use of living when there’s nothing to live for? Other than being a distraction, a nuisance, a little useless piece of someone’s life.

I was tired of being a nobody.

So I stepped out of my corner, I stepped out of my hiding place, I stepped out of the shadows.

And I’m still deciding whether or not to regret that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment