Friday, February 22, 2013

An abyss (a poem)


Something broken.

Something undone.

Something wrong.

Something dying.

It all is so different.

I just want to run.

Run and go.

To a different place.

And not fall

In an abyss.

 

Someone loud.

Someone laughing.

Someone crying.

Someone moving.

Images swim in my head.

I think I’m going mad.

So I have to go.

To a different place.

Don’t keep me here.

In an abyss.

 

Somewhere dark.

Somewhere calling.

Somewhere lost.

Somewhere falling.

Stumbling around, crying.

It’s all an illusion, I’m told.

But they were a lie.

So I’m leaving.

To a different place.

Unknowingly

To an abyss.

 

 

 

 

 

Fantasies are lies.

Fantasies are realities.

Yet realities are fantasy.

And reality’s a lie.

If pushed in dark murky water,

You will drown.

Yes, drown.

In darkness.

In sadness.

In a void.

Without anyone

To be with.

Remember your past.

Live in the present.

Run to the future.

Don’t live

In an abyss.

No comments:

Post a Comment